new Delhi. Prime Minister Modi has addressed the 108th Indian Science Congress through video conferencing on Tuesday. The five-day session has been organized at Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. The 108th Indian Science Congress is celebrating its centenary this year. The previous edition of ISC took place in January 2020 in Bengaluru. So on the other hand, if we talk about its first session, then the first session of ISC was organized in 1914.
See here the important 5 big things of 108th Indian Science Congress
1. Let us tell you that a unique identity of the 108th Indian Science Congress to be held in the year 2023 is the ‘Children’s Science Congress’. It has been organized to make the children use their scientific temperament and knowledge. Along with this, they are given a chance to bring their creativity to the ground through scientific experiments.
2. In fact, the 108th Indian Science Congress session will discuss ‘Farmer’s Science Congress’ which will provide an essential platform to improve bio-economy and attract youth towards agriculture.
My vision for Indian science is one that enables our scientific achievements to support the mass movement to become Aatmanirbhar. pic.twitter.com/3179oKdn0c
Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 3, 2023
3. Let us tell you that the ‘Tribal Science Congress’ has also been included in the 108th Indian Science Congress session, which focuses on the empowerment of tribal women. Along with this, a platform has also been given for the scientific display of indigenous ancient knowledge systems and practices.
4. It may be noted that the 108th Indian Science Congress session was attended by Nobel laureates, prominent Indian and foreign researchers, experts and technocrats from a wide variety of fields including space, defence, IT and medical research. A special program has also been organized to showcase the contribution of women in science and technology. Eminent women scientists will deliver speeches in this programme.
5. Significantly, a special mega expo event ‘Pride of India’ will present the strengths and achievements of Government, Corporate, PSUs, Academic and R&D institutions and entrepreneurs from across the country.